Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Never judge a book...

Another one of the requirements (...more like recommendations) before stepping on board is to read a book about missions. Wondering where I was gonna pick up such a book, I suddenly remembered a book Mary had lent me some time back (which I had hardly touched and already had a layer of dust on it.....sorry Maer!).

Especially during this exam-study-cramming-textbook (argh!) time, this book was a relief to read in between. The proverb 'Never judge a book by its cover' applies in this situation...LITERALLY!! 'Cos I wasn't absolutely excited about reading this book before, judging by its cover (and lack of pictures), which explains the layer of dust... =).

Anyway, I'm reading a lot more than DNA and photosynthesis (bio) and aldehydes and ketones (chem) and Mr Darcys and Viking ancestors (literature) and differentiation and iteration formulae (maths) this week thanks to this book. I believe God is teaching me lots and getting me prepared for the mission.

So thanks Mary! and when I'm done with the book it'll be your turn to use it to help you prepare for your mission!


Mary got the book from Doulos itself when it docked at Port Klang.

1 comment:

  1. HEY i have this book too. well, i've seen this book somewhere in and around my house before heh. maaybe I'll look it up and read it. think dad or my brother got it froooom... doulos! :D

    xx
    THE awesomest one

    ReplyDelete