Saturday, June 6, 2009

His Perfect Plan

God's ways are higher than mine.

I was scouting around (newspapers) for a job after exams. Needed to raise money for the Doulos fees. My mom suggested that I ask my dad for a job in his pet shop. Sounded like a good idea but I kinda wanted to try something different as I had already been a cashier there sometime back. Always wanted to be a waitress so I called up a few restaurants in the classifieds, and even accidentally called LiSha's mom's shop!!!! Big whoops! The conversation went as follows (something like it):

Me: Hi. I'm calling for a job opening in your restaurant (I didn't know the name 'cos it wasn't in the papers).
Lady: Oh ok.
Me: Btw, what's the name of the restaurant?
Lady: Stuff Your Face
Me: ................err...is this Mrs Hew???
Lady: Nope, but she's here. Do you wanna speak to her?
Me: err...it's ok.......welll actually I'm LiSha's friend.
Lady: Oh ok. What's your name...etc.

Moving on, every place that I called didn't seem suitable....it was either too far away, or weird hours, etc. So I sat me down and prayed, saying, "Lord, I really need this job. So can you please take control of this situation and find me just the right job. Let it not be too far away, let the hours and the pay be just right too. In Jesus name."

Later that night, I spoke to my dad and told him about the jobs I applied for. So I just asked him if there were any openings in the shop. I told him I'd prefer something more in contact with the animals, not really cashiering (beggars can't be choosers, but boss's daughters can!!!). So he said that I could be the clinic assistant, helping the doctors 'cos they always need help around there.

So, here I have the perfect job. Sounds like so much fun to me. It's really near my place, and I can walk if I have to. Everything just fell in place and praise God for that!

2 comments:

  1. Amen! so work hard and earn hard! then remember to treat me to a nice meal k.. ;D

    p/s: I had always wanted to try to work as a waitress too! (for a month or two la..)

    ReplyDelete