Saturday, July 18, 2009

Rain, rain go away...

Weather has been pretty bad here in Cambodia. It has been raining a lot. The first 2 days, I noticed it seemed pretty quiet, as not many local people were visiting the ship. Apparently, when it starts to rain, the Cambodians just stay in their houses and don't go out.

Funnily though, despite the weather getting better, my level of sea-sick tolerance has dropped. The first 2 days, I only felt a little dizzy, but didn't feel like I needed to throw up or anything. Today, it started rocking to and fro really bad that many people (including me) started walking around the ship like they were drunk, bumping into walls and all that.

It was kinda weird 'cos on one hand you feel like you're gonna doze off...you feel like a baby being rocked to sleep...and on the other hand you feel so nauseous...like you're about to puke.

I didn't even bother going to get a sea-sick pill 'cos the last time I tried it, I felt worse. Therefore, it is rightly named sea-sick pill (it's a pill that makes you feel sea-sick). They should come up with an anti sea-sick pill. That would be really helpful!

As I type, I can feel the ship moving left and right and left and right and now I feel like.....



Well, things are getting better. The sun actually showed up for his shift this morning and I saw many more Cambodians on board, getting a tour.
Do pray for the weather here. Thanks!

1 comment: